Space, capacity and occupancy managed worldwide
Worldwide rollout of the occupancy management system.
Our client, whose two main offices are in Zurich, is a worldwide financial institution working on behalf of private customers, businesses and institutional investors. They have a presence in all of the world’s major financial marketplaces. They occupy nearly 2 million sqm (NIA) of office space, managed across West Europe, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific regions.
With an annual occupancy cost above the billion €, an acceleration of the reorganisation programmes and the need to provide better working conditions for it staff, the Corporate Real Estate & Administrative Services (CREAS) division of UBS required a series of relevant and reliable indicators to accomplish its policy on property and real estate.
As 60% of the real estate costs are correlated directly to the m2 rented or occupied, these indicators relate mainly to the floor space leased and to the capacity and occupancy of workspace across the entire world. The reliability of these indicators requires the rigorous management of the processes applies to allocating space.
• 1.8 million m2 of office space catalogued and referenced.
• 1.2 million m2 of existing plans and data migrated and referenced in 3 waves.
• Global information database and reliable indicators.
• Overall support to users in the 4 major regions.
Thanks to those reliable indicators, the bank managed to get rid of unused space and achieved a global space reduction of 25%. According to conservative benchmarks, this represents annual savings of at least 300 million €. It also represents a carbon footprint reduction of about 152.000 tons of CO2 emission or the equivalent of one trillion miles by car.
The AREMIS methodology
PREPARATION > DESIGN > DEVELOPMENT > DEPLOYMENT > EVALUATION > ADJUSTMENT
1. WORKSHOPS – CONSULTANCY
• Definition of global indicators
• Analysis of gaps on business line processes
• Space and occupancy standards
• Strategy for migrating plans
• Formalisation of business line processes
• Specification of the target architecture
• E/S interfaces with SAP, BI, HRI and cost centre reference systems
• Archiving and portrayal of indicators
• Tests by end-users
• Change management
• Preparation of communication and rollout
5. MIGRATION OF DATA AND PLANS
• Conversion of 1.5 million m2 to AutoCAD
• Cycles of 3 weeks for implementation in each major region
6. POST-IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE
• Rollout of global support organisation